Our last trip took us through Europe, North Africa and Asia over 12 months. Just for fun we started keeping some random stats about what we got up to.
- Countries visited: 25
- Languages (attempted to be) spoken: 16
- Currencies used: 13
- Buses caught: 54 (Longest bus: 16 hours)
- Trains taken: 14
- Flights: 23
- Ferries boarded: 11
- Boat trips: 7
- Places slept at (hostels, guesthouses, hotels, spare beds, tents, floors, airports, overnight transport): 107
- Big fears conquered: 3
- Missed connections: 2
- Kilometres driven (by us): 4237 (2633 miles)
- Books read: 24 and a half (sam)
- Bottles of suncream used: 6
- Pairs of gloves gone through: 5
Switzerland had the coolest looking money!
Next on the list?
Central and South America and Canada – suggestions from you? Great! Hit us up in the comments below.
More nerdy stuff?
We even mapped the trip into a pretty picture.
What stats do you keep on your travels?