Earlier in the year we checked into an airport in Amsterdam, we had not caught a plane in ages and I was shocked to look down at the scales and see that my bag was weighing in at a whopping great 18kgs. Was someone trying to smuggle their small child inside my bag? We were lucky it was cold as we had to put on about 3 extra layers of clothes each to get our bags under 15kg to avoid facing the wrath of Ryan Air. [...]
People are annoying. Fact. I know because I am one, I can be annoyed and no doubt be annoying too. For a fun experiment try adding lots of people to a small room with too many beds, and watch as some who might normally be mildly annoying become someone you want to bitch slap across the face. We have had our share of annoying, frustrating and plain disgusting dorm mates and have probably been less than decent dorm mates ourselves [...]
We are featuring as this weeks travelling couple. Make sure you head over to nod ‘n’ smile to check out our interview!
Hitch hiking is nothing new, lots of people do it all the time, in countries all over the world. What is on my mind as I write this post is that I have never hitch hiked and I am not sure how I feel about it. There are certain things I have grow up doing or knowing, things that I say and do out of habit because I have been taught or told that is what I must do. I often [...]
In 2012 my resolution is to get fit whilst travelling. I have other resolutions and personal goals that I want to pursue and as always I have my ever expanding bucket list to attend to when the opportunity presents itself. But regaining my fitness is very top of my list. I left Australia in June 2011 and one of the biggest changes that I have noticed as the months have gone by is my steady decrease in fitness. I have [...]
Christmas is almost here and we are rugging up and getting cozy for a cold one in London.We had our fingers crossed for a white Christmas even though we knew it was slim chance so here is hoping that we will have some snow filled travels in the new year. With out without snow, this Christmas will be a lot colder than what we are used to in Australia. It will be a different experience to have a cold Christmas, [...]
Image by epSos What I am about to say is not going to send you into an excited frenzy. I apologise now. I know that travel is fun and exciting and wildly exhilarating. But like everything it has a bland and untasty side. You know the one, it is like that ever growing stack of papers in the corner of your desk that you need to attend to but really don’t want to, and it is called a budget. Budgets [...]
- Photo Roulette Round 42: Evening May 7, 2012
- Our worst dorm mate ever? A 74 year old Granny. I’m serious. March 19, 2012
- Pizza: 9 years later and as tasty as ever February 14, 2012
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 42: The Winner! May 17, 2012
- A Guide to Marrakesh Street Food January 23, 2012
- Australia thinks it is huge, but really it is tiny!! April 23, 2013
- Favourite Snaps: Rainbow Crossing Sydney April 1, 2013
- I want to ‘Go with Oh’ to Venice! December 12, 2012
- Couch talk with Katie from Katie Going Global December 11, 2012
- Sarah vs the Abalone: A squirmy tale December 4, 2012
- Katka: I live nearby and I never thought of it as being p...
- Endri Hasanaj: It really does! Haha I agree completely with you o...
- Dave: cool guide! Thanks for posting :)...
- Luke: HI Girls, Just stumbled across your blog and ha...
- Travel Photo Roulette #56: Patterns | Travel Junkies: [...] 7 – 14, 2012 – Food Travel Bliss – [.....