Welcome to Round 42 of Travel Photo Roulette. Travel Photo Roulette started in November 2010 as a way for travel bloggers to showcase their best photography. For each round a new theme is chosen, and independent travel bloggers are asked to submit their photos. Then a winner is chosen to host (and judge!) the following round. Round 41 was hosted by Adventure Crow with ‘Spirit of the Country’ as the theme. After seeing some of the great entries (check them all out here), [...]
Thinking about heading to South East Asia in a few weeks has got us thinking about sandy beaches and sunny days. We took this stunning snap on our visit to Angthong National Marine Park, Thailand. The park is an archipelago of 42 islands in the Gulf of Thailand, and we spent the day exploring a few of them. Several are completely overrun by tourists and it is sad to see the impact that it has on the marine life in the area. [...]
This favourite snap comes from our recent trip to Morocco, where the sites were aplenty, the scenery astounding and the atmosphere contagious. Our travel companions, Ryan and Amen, were always on the look out to get the perfect action shot amongst the incredible landscape, and here at Todra Gorge, we succeeded in capturing the ‘magic’ moment. Looking like they are right out of a Jackie Chan action flick, Ryan and Amen really nailed this one in creating the ultimate kick ass snap. [...]
I have always been fascinated with standing stones and loved to devour anything I could about them as a kid; books, documentaries, tv shows. Over the past few months I have been giddy with excitement anytime there has been the prospect of seeing and in some cases actually touching standing stones (this sends shivers down my spine even writing it now). This burial chamber was the highlight of my standing stone crusade of Wales.
Nothing beats a relaxing afternoon stroll around one of idyllic the islands of the coast Croatia. Korčula is one of the larger islands in the Adriatic, close to Dubrovnik on the mainland.
One of my favourite places this summer just gone. The small beach side town of Capo D’Orlando, Sicily, watches over the Aeolian Islands which dot the horizon on a clear day and create a beautiful backdrop for the incredible sunsets over the bay.
What a view to wake up to every morning. This was taken out of out hostel dorm room window in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. I will definitely be sad to be leaving this gorgeous town.
- Photo Roulette Round 42: Evening May 7, 2012
- Our worst dorm mate ever? A 74 year old Granny. I’m serious. March 19, 2012
- A Guide to Marrakesh Street Food January 23, 2012
- Pizza: 9 years later and as tasty as ever February 14, 2012
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 42: The Winner! May 17, 2012
- Australia thinks it is huge, but really it is tiny!! April 23, 2013
- I want to ‘Go with Oh’ to Venice! December 12, 2012
- Couch talk with Katie from Katie Going Global December 11, 2012
- Sarah vs the Abalone: A squirmy tale December 4, 2012
- Couch Talk with Skott and Shawna from Get Up & Globe November 19, 2012
- Dave: cool guide! Thanks for posting :)...
- Luke: HI Girls, Just stumbled across your blog and ha...
- Travel Photo Roulette #56: Patterns | Travel Junkies: [...] 7 – 14, 2012 – Food Travel Bliss – [.....
- Travel Photo Roulette #55: The Natural World Wanderlusters: [...] 7 – 14, 2012 – Food Travel Bliss – [.....
- James @ Fly, Icarus, Fly: Hi fellow Travel Roulette winner! My name is J...