Recently I have become a fiend, a borek fiend. Hey, don’t judge, its not hard to do, especially when your travelling through the Balkans and every corner you turn a borek is waiting patiently to be devoured. Once you’ve tasted the delicious filled pastry, its hard not to think about getting your next fix or planning your whole day around indulging is as much borek as possible. I first discovered borek in Sarajevo, Bosnia. The snail shaped spinach and cheese [...]
With parts of Europe still freezing in temperatures well below zero, lets hope Baba Marta (and her chickens with red and white bracelets) are on the case to bring some warmer weather soon.
January 26 was Australia Day. If we were back home this would have meant heading to the beach for a swim then getting together with a group of friends for a bbq and listening to the Triple J Hottest 100. There would thongs, boardies, a carton of beer and of course a huge spread including all the typical Australian favourites like dip, chips, sausages, lamingtons, anzac biscuits and a pavlova. So given that we were actually knee deep in snow in the south of [...]
Today we had the privilege of participating in and helping with a traditional Korban in Krushevo, which is a feast that is held 40 days after someone has passed away. Late last year an elderly man in the village passed away, and today relatives and friends of his gathered to celebrate his life. The forty days between his funeral and today are the time in which the family grieves at his passing and this feast recognises that it is now time for them to [...]
What?! But it is going to rain and everything will get wet. Yup, that is the point. Everything is hand washed, so if it is going to rain then all the washing is done and hung out to rinse, meaning it does not have to be rinsed by hand. Okay makes sense but you can see how I was confused for a moment there. Here are some more ramblings and interesting things I am seeing or learning about whilst living [...]
- Photo Roulette Round 42: Evening May 7, 2012
- Our worst dorm mate ever? A 74 year old Granny. I’m serious. March 19, 2012
- Pizza: 9 years later and as tasty as ever February 14, 2012
- Travel Photo Roulette Round 42: The Winner! May 17, 2012
- A Guide to Marrakesh Street Food January 23, 2012
- Australia thinks it is huge, but really it is tiny!! April 23, 2013
- Favourite Snaps: Rainbow Crossing Sydney April 1, 2013
- I want to ‘Go with Oh’ to Venice! December 12, 2012
- Couch talk with Katie from Katie Going Global December 11, 2012
- Sarah vs the Abalone: A squirmy tale December 4, 2012
- Katka: I live nearby and I never thought of it as being p...
- Endri Hasanaj: It really does! Haha I agree completely with you o...
- Dave: cool guide! Thanks for posting :)...
- Luke: HI Girls, Just stumbled across your blog and ha...
- Travel Photo Roulette #56: Patterns | Travel Junkies: [...] 7 – 14, 2012 – Food Travel Bliss – [.....